Purpose-engineered for real-world marine duty, M3-Series coaxial systems are built to deliver excellent sound in open-air boat environments, at a more affordable price.
The M3-650X 6.5-inch coaxial speaker is designed around the standard 6.5-inch marine speaker format with a frame design that is a direct fit replacement for most 6.5-inch marine speakers. The long excursion woofer design and excellent power handling ensures your music will play loud and clear at speed, or at anchor. Optimized for infinite-baffle operation, M3-650X woofers are designed to operate without needing an enclosure behind them.
A 0.75-inch silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand the marine environment, handles the high-frequency duties. Silk has been chosen for its lightness, excellent damping properties and smooth response characteristics. A fixed grille-mounted design ensures peak tweeter performance with no loss of woofer radiating area. A 2nd order high-pass filter on each tweeter is integrated into the woofer grille and requires no additional mounting provision. Equipped with a self-resetting protection circuit, the signal going to the tweeter is monitored and automatically disconnected in the event of an overload to minimize the chances of tweeter failure.
While M3-650X Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, amplifiers capable of between 60-120 W of continuous power per channel are recommended for best audio performance. All JL Audio marine speakers are saltwater-rated, utilizing corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout to exceed industry standards.
Sold as a pair.
- Acoustically engineered to deliver excellent sound in open-air boat environments
- Saltwater-rated and built with corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout
- 6.5-inch frame is a direct replacement for most 6.5-inch marine speakers
- Long-excursion woofers designed to operate without an enclosure behind them (infinite baffle)
- 0.75-inch (19 mm) silk dome tweeters specially treated to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure
- Integrated 2nd order high-pass filter on tweeter with solid state protection circuit
- Continuous Power Handling: 60 Watts
- Recommended Amp Power: 20 - 120 Watts per channel
- System Efficiency: 89.5 dB
- System Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- System Frequency Response: 55 Hz - 25 KHz (± 3 dB)
- Built in USA with Global Components